About #SRNT (BDR «Serenity»)
SERENITY (#SRNT) is a non-profit organization that provides rapid access to information for people in Hard Situations.
#SRNT covers the main problems of infringement of rights and freedoms of modern society.
Specifically: Abuse & Domestic Violence / Sexual Abuse / Substance use / addiction & codependency / Mental Health / Gender & Sexual Identity / Bullying / Discrimination / Gambling / Relationship difficulties / Loneliness / Grief & Loss / Stockholm Syndrome / Eating&Body image / Refugees & Immigration / Hunger / Bedtime, etc.
#SRNT is an organization that implements cutting-edge technology (AI/ML) to support the socially vulnerable in civil society.
We break down the barriers between people in need of help and support and organizations that are willing to provide this help at the local, national and international levels.
- To develop and support Europe/World's largest information resource and database of charities, social organizations, and foundations.
- To unite people who have faced problems and difficulties and those who have overcome them. Exchange of personal experience and support.
- Development and support of the IT platform for publishing charity projects.
- Research activeties based on the obtained data.
1. A qualitative shift towards a positive change of the imbalance between those who need help and those who are willing to provide it.
2. Decrease the number of cases which infringe upon the rights and freedoms of the civil society through the mass availability and information about the timely receipt of the targeted aid.
3. Promoting the influence of digital technologies and the creation of a digital social environment conducive to the interests of civil society.
4. Increase the influence of civil society in the policymaking process by providing relevant data to decision makers at local, national and international levels and at all stages of decision making.
5. Promote open data exchange in socially relevant areas.
Theory of Change:
Every day millions of people in the world face various social problems.
There are many organizations that help people with social problems. But in many cases data about this help is not easy to find when help is needed here and now. People endure, trying to solve problems on their own, which leads to prolonged crises and sometimes to tragic consequences.
People with social problems can't get help here and now.
Creating a mobile app for the #SRNT project which will include:
- A complete structured database of organizations that provide help
- Community of people experiencing similar problems and those who can or want to support people experiencing similar problems
- A platform for those who need financial or material help.
- Through advertising, partner organizations and people learn about the application.
- People learn where and how they can get the help theey need.
- People know they can find help at #SRNT, and if they are a victim of a social problem, they get help from #SRNT Partners.
- The community of those close to the problem gives support right away, before they get help, for example before they get a place in a support group or before they start working with a specialist. The person can share his/her problem without fear and get to know that he/she is not alone, which is important in a crisis situation.
- The open #SRNT data raises awareness in society and can be used by authorities and NGOs.
- Victims from the most vulnerable populations such as people living in poverty and marginalized populations will receive help during and after the solution. Their awareness will reduce the risk of relapse and further marginalization
- For the victims who faced the problem unexpectedly, the awareness will help to quickly find the help which is offered by #SRNT partners and move on to further problems without prolonging the time of the crisis.
- The resulting public data will bring greater awareness to the community. Government agencies and NGOs will be able to improve their work. And society as a whole, with awareness of the problems, will accept them as general rather than private, which will reduce stigma and lead to more frequent help-seeking from those who fear censure and the consequences of admitting the problem.
All inhabitants of Planet Earth have the right to live with dignity and help in difficult situations.
Society must see social problems not as private problems of the individual, but as problems common to all.
We cannot overcome violence, poverty, wars, etc., but we try to help everyone who is in a difficult situation.
We believe in the fundamental right of individuals to be free from coercion, oppression, and control. We support the protection of individual liberty and the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
We reject any form of control that infringes upon individual liberty and support efforts to promote and protect individual liberty.
We value freedom of thought, expression, and association, and we reject censorship and other forms of repression.
We believe in the importance of individual responsibility and accountability, and we reject the idea that individuals are not responsible for their actions.
We are committed to promoting freedom and liberty for all individuals, and to creating a world where individuals are free to live their lives as they choose.
2. Human rights
We believe that all individuals have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We stand for equality, dignity, and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
We reject discrimination, oppression, and violence against any individual or group. We support the rule of law and the protection of human rights in all areas of society.
We believe that everyone has the right to access education, healthcare, and other basic necessities, and we support efforts to provide these necessities to those in need.
We are committed to promoting human rights and working to create a world where everyone can live freely and with dignity.
We believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all individuals. We reject the idea that human beings are inferior or superior to one another based on arbitrary characteristics such as race, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status.
We support the autonomy and self-determination of individuals and reject any form of coercion or control. We believe in the power of reason, critical thinking, and evidence-based decision-making.
We value the pursuit of knowledge, truth, and understanding of the world around us. We reject superstition, dogma, and other forms of irrational belief.
We are committed to promoting humanism as a way of life and as a means of creating a more compassionate, just, and equitable world for all.
We believe in the concept of fairness and equality under the law. We reject discrimination, oppression, and inequality in any form.
We support the rule of law and the protection of individual rights and liberties. We believe in holding individuals accountable for their actions and ensuring that justice is served.
We are committed to promoting justice and equality in all areas of society, including the criminal justice system, the workplace, and the political arena.
We believe that everyone has the right to a fair and impartial trial, and we support efforts to reform the justice system to ensure that it is fair and just for all.
We are dedicated to creating a world where justice is upheld and where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
5. OpenData + AI
Open data is a value that we believe in at BDR "Serenity". We recognize the importance of making data freely available for anyone to access, use, and distribute without any legal, technological, or financial restrictions. We believe that open data can be a powerful tool for increasing transparency, promoting innovation, and driving economic growth.
We support initiatives that aim to make more data available to the public and we advocate for the adoption of open data policies by governments and other institutions. We believe that open data can help to level the playing field and encourage the development of new products and services that can benefit society as a whole.
We are committed to promoting the use of open data and to working to make more data available to the public. We recognize the need to invest in the development of the tools and infrastructure necessary to support open data initiatives and we are committed to providing resources and support to help people access and use open data.
We believe that open data can play a vital role in creating a more transparent, innovative, and inclusive society, and we are committed to advancing the use of open data in all of our work.
#SRNT expands activities in accordance with the organization's bylaws. See Goals.
The day-to-day operations of the organization are led by CEO, Nadezhda Barodzich.
The #SRNT Board determines the strategic management of the organization.
> #SRNT General Assembly - the highest decision-making body of the organization.
> #SRNT Board - decision-making body, operates between meetings of the General Assembly. The Board selects the Directors of the Board.
>> #SRNT Directors of the Board are on the General Board and are responsible for sectoral representation (territory, function, etc.)
> #SRNT Executive Directors - ensures the implementation of the decisions of the General Assembly and the board, recruits employees, and organizes the daily work of the office.
> #SRNT Office - employees who support the activities of the organization.
Kugu iela 26-37, Riga, Latvia, LV-1048